Briefly about mentor’s experience
I have 8+ years of professional IT experience working in a well-known companies in Germany and Russia.
I'm an expert in Python, Openstack and wide range of what is commonly named DevOps. Currently working for biggest shared hosting company in Germany - STRATO AG. Previously worked at Univention GmbH, Mirantis Inc. and other companies.
Holding Openstack Foundation Administrator Certificate (COA) and being contributor to a number of open-source projects including: vagrant-libvirt, openstack, ucs, theforeman.
University education: outstanding Master of Science Degree and Bachelor of Engineering with Honors.
Can communicate in three languages: English, Russian and German.
I'm happy to support you in anything around DevOps and Python development, including (but not limited to):
- DevOps practices and core concepts
- Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack and all around automation and configuration
- Virtualization, Public and Private Clouds: AWS, Digital Ocean, OpenStack
- Docker Containers and their orchestration with Kubernetes
- Load-Balancing, caching and High-Availability of provided Services
- Infrastructure as a Code, Immutable infrastructure and its testing
- Jenkins, pipelines, groovy and why they are so helpful
- Python ecosystem, virtualenvs, pip, pypi, tox and python tooling
- GIL, JIT, CPython, Cython, Jython - what this is all about
- Tests, why you should always write them and how to debug Python code
- Making Python code work faster and “what's under the hood?”
- Pylint, pyflakes, pep8, pycharm and other stuff to write clean code
- Contributing to open-source projects written in Python and why you should do it
- Good and bad practices, how you should write code and how you should not
Who is mentor and why do I need him?
Mentor is the one who fully controls and directs your learning process both within the curriculum and beyond. Mentor’s main task is to convey his knowledge in a most structured and understandable way. Sensible advices, assistance in a task solution, motivation kicks and staff. Read more about mentorship Here