- open data
- code quality
Passionate Ruby programmer for more than ten years. Can teach from the very beginning, or help junior/middle programmers in mastering the excellence.
With a dozen of mature gems, mentions in Ruby Weekly and Ruby Association Grant, I know about the development of libraries. And can teach you the difference between "mere code" and a gem.
Victor 'zverok' Shepelev is Ukrainian programmer and poet with more than fifteen years of programming experience and ten years of Ruby programming. He is a huge fan of open source and open data, author of multiple Ruby gems (made it to Ruby News Weekly several times!) and creator of molybdenum project, known for reality—an early effort of making entire real-world data computable and accessible from Ruby.
His project was selected for Ruby Association Grant-2015.
Currently, Victor is proud to work at Toptal core team, and also mentors programming students. The latter also includes being a mentor for SciRuby (Scientific Ruby Foundation) for Google Summer of Code-2016.
You can read more about Victor and his opinions on various programming topics at http://zverok.github.io/
Victor can help you to understand
- Ruby's beauty and craftsmanship of writing concise, readable and idiomatic code;
- Principles of good object-oriented design and architecture;
- Modern object-oriented/functional hybrid approach to writing good and efficient software;
- Testing and documenting your software like a pro;
- Being passionate and excited about our industry.