DevOps Accents #15: Why 37signals Is Right (In Leaving the Cloud)
In this episode of DevOps Accents, Pablo, Leo and Kirill discuss how and why 37signals, the company behind Basecamp and Hey, successfully left the cloud.
- Majestic Monolith;
- Spend less money and increase performance: what more do you need?
- How to make people believe in your unpoplular idea?
- The Boss vs. the Owner: who makes the tech decision?
- Focus on what you want to achieve, not on the technology to use;
- You might not need to know how to run a cable...
- But you might need to know the basics of networking;
- How did scaling change with Cloud?
- Can the same person maintain cloud infrastructure and on prem infrastructure?
You can listen to episode 15 of DevOps Accents on Spotify, or right now: